Wednesday, August 8, 2012

R.I.P. THIRDWAVEDAVE


Sad news. Long time friend of the blog, ThirdWaveDave, passed away this morning after a long illness. He will be missed. From Marathon Pundit's John Ruberry:
"This evening I have some very sad news for you. Dave Logan, better known as blogger ThirdWaveDave, passed away this morning at the age of 56 after a long struggle with chronic myelogenous leukemia.
...ThirdWaveDave was born in Urbana, Illinois and spent some time a bit further north in Kankakee before he did the most patriotic thing any American can do--he joined the military. He eventually settled in Folsom, California. Logan was a conservative, a tea partier, but of course most of all a patriot. Besides his blog, he was best known as the longtime producer of the Andrea Shea King Show on BlogTalkRadio."
And from Dave's close colleague Andrea Shea King at Radio Patriot:
“ThirdWaveDave” Dave Logan is now entered into the beauty of God’s Kingdom. He left us shortly after the medical team removed him from the life sustaining measures this morning. Blessedly, he did not linger longer than 30 minutes.
We will be planning a celebration of Dave’s life in the weeks ahead. Dave was not one to call a lot of attention to himself as many of you know. A private man, his final wishes were simple — Dave asked me to spread his ashes on the beach here in Cape Canaveral. It will be my honor and privilege."
Andrea had chronicled Dave's brave struggle for life in great detail just the other day. It's heart-wrenching, but well worth a read.

I met Dave (in the sense one meets Internet friends, as I never got the privilege of meeting him in person) many years ago around the time I first started blogging. He was one of my first regular readers and commenters at the old Right Place blog and we often both commented at some of the same places, like Pat Curley's Brainster's Blog and I, naturally, was a regular reader of Dave's blog as well.

As the months and years wore on, while I found myself spending less and less time online, Dave became the Producer of Andrea Shea King's program on BlogTalkRadio, which I managed to catch only a few times, always wishing it could have been more. In recent months, I have been following the updates from Andrea about Dave's deteriorating health and worrying that we would soon lose a true patriot and a fine man much too soon. Sadly, this morning, we did. My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends in their time of grief.

So long, Dave. Rest well, for there are still those of us here who love this country and will carry on the fight to move her back to the right path, but we will surely miss you. God bless.

No comments: